Maintenance Request Form – Printable PDF Form
GENERAL MAINTENANCE INFORMATION
- Residents are responsible for cleaning and maintaining their rental property at all times, including proper removal of trash.
- Heavy acid drain cleaners may damage drainpipes. Always follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- Residents are responsible for proper care of all major appliances.
- When running the dishwasher, take care not to allow silverware and cooking utensils to get caught in the bottom. Be sure to use automatic dishwashing detergent only. (Do not use regular dish soap.)
- Residents should inform Select Homes Property Management if they will be gone for extended periods of time (2 weeks or longer).
- Abrasive cleaners such as Comet, Ajax, etc. should not be used to clean fiberglass shower doors or certain countertops. A non-abrasive cleanser is recommended.
- Once a year, Select Homes Property Management will replace the furnace filter. If you wish to do so more often it will be at your own expense.
- Painting the residence is prohibited. However, if there are any alterations you would like to have done to the residence, contact our office.
- Residents must be sure to shut their windows when it rains.
- The residents are asked to promptly report all leaking water, electrical or mechanical malfunctions observed in the residence during office hours unless it is an emergency.
- Tenants are responsible for replacing their own light bulbs. When replacing light bulbs in the appliances or residence, be sure not to exceed the recommended wattage. For all enclosed fixtures, you should use 60-watt bulbs, and for appliances such as your stove and refrigerator, a 40-watt bulb is recommended.
- Residents are to replace batteries in battery-operated smoke detectors as necessary; do not tamper with detectors or disable detectors or deliberately remove batteries. Any detectors found disconnected or without functioning batteries will be subject to a $100 fine.
Service calls on repairs resulting from resident neglect, carelessness, or abuse will be charged to the resident.